Sunday 12 February 2012

Meet our Operations Lead: Courtney Sinclair

Not only is she busying thinking up creative ways to make sure TEDxAlgonquinPark is the most exciting and smooth-running event you've been to, Courtney's also the gal behind our social media accounts. Drop her a line on our Facebook Page or at Twitter.com/TEDxAlgonquinPk



--
This past December I returned home to beautiful Golden Lake after 4.5 years of studying Aerospace Engineering at Carleton University - and what a long 4.5 years it was! While I was away it took me just about that long to realize that it wasn't the math, the calculations and formulae, or even the theories that brought me joy. It was much more than that. What I really enjoyed were the challenges, the friendly competition, being exposed to new ideas and technologies, and working with my classmates to solve problems.

I came back wanting to have a bigger voice and to use my knowledge and know how to bring a positive experience to this unique area I call home. I talked with Megan to see what TEDxAlgonquinPark was all about. It seemed like a pretty neat opportunity - exactly what I was looking for. I welcomed TEDxAlgonquinPark as a new challenge and an opportunity to really get to know my neighbours and connect with my community. 

I am so excited and pleased to have been accepted, along with Megan, to the TEDxSummit in Doha, Qatar. At this week long conference we will be proudly representing the Ottawa Valley while meeting with other TEDx organizers to spark up new conversations and get inspired. We can't wait to return home full of ideas and to share a great experience with you at TEDxAlgonquinPark in September.

Check out a few of my favourite TED talks..

Fly with the Jetman - Yves Rossy. Some beautiful views!!

What do you get when you cross a plane with a car? A flying car? Nope - A plane that drives. 

Courtney

--
Keep up to date and support Courtney on her journey to the TEDxSummit by visiting this link:


No comments:

Post a Comment