Chris Soucy is the Vice President of Business Development for Thoth Technology Inc., a position he has held for the past 2 years. His previous work included more than 30 years in managerial and supervisory positions with PPG Canada Inc.
Chris loves to enjoy the outdoors through wilderness canoe tripping and as a member of the Canadian Ski Patrol System. He has been a canoe instructor with the Ontario Recreational Canoeing and Kayaking Association for 3 years. His passions also include capturing moments in time as a wedding and still life photographer.
1. What does this year’s TEDxAlgonquinPark theme, Think Outside, mean to you?
Currently living in Mississauga we spend too much time cooped up indoors. Working at the observatory provides me with all Algonquin has to offer in the great outdoors.
2. What is your favourite thing to do outside?
I combine two things, my passion for wilderness canoeing and photography.
3. What one thing should everyone know about you?
My thirst for knowledge of the universe and all of the complexities.
4. In the spirit of TED—Ideas Worth Spreading—tell us the best advice you’ve ever received and want to share with others.
Interaction with people is one of the most important skills anyone can have. Listen; keep an open mind when sharing with others.
5. Without revealing the theme of your TEDxAlgonquinParkTalk, tell us the one thing you hope people will do after they hear you speak.
Come share the spectacle and history of Algonquin Park. It is an amazing place to explore.