Tuesday 4 June 2013

Meet our Operations Lead: Lacey Rose

Lacey on Whitson Lake
I was lucky enough to attend TEDxAlgonquinPark last September.  Besides watching a few TED talks, this was my big introduction to the TED scene.  There is something about sitting in a room full of receptive, open minds that is inspiring in itself, especially since every person in the room that day had their own special connection to Algonquin Park.  I learned a lot and walked away with a renewed sense of optimism.  I got involved with the planning of this year's TEDxAlgonquinPark mainly for that reason: to be part of something positive and be surrounded by energetic, interested people who are receptive to "ideas worth spreading".  I think after attending a TED event, most people walk away feeling inspired and hopeful. 

Algonquin Park is a very special place to me.  I had some incredible experiences there while working a few years ago, and continue to have adventures there on a regular basis on interior camping trips and day hikes.  I make sure anyone who comes to visit me from afar gets the "Algonquin Park Experience", seeing the highlights of the East side.  My livelihood is also somewhat connected to Algonquin Park - the world-class sustainable forest management that takes place there supplies a large portion of the wood supply for the area I live and work in as a forester, and sustains many communities and families here. 

I am very happy to be part of the TEDxAlgonquinPark team, as the Operations Lead.  I'm looking forward to planning some Adventures for you to partake in - stay tuned!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment