Saturday 14 January 2012

Why I got involved…

Summertime on Golden Lake
It didn’t take long, while I was living in Ottawa, to realize what growing up in a rural community really meant to me. After spending four years living in the city I realized how much I was drawn back to Killaloe and the Valley. Once back I realized the enormous pleasures of being in a rural setting where your closest neighbour is 2 km away but the deer and wolves run freely in your front yard (not together of course). Not being one for TV I learned quickly that I needed to find something to occupy my time . When approached by Megan Summers about co-organizing TEDxAlgonquinPark I thought what better timing. I look forward to sharing our experience with everyone. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to send me an e-mail paige.afelskie@tedxalgonquinpark.com.

Please check out one of my favourite TED talks http://www.ted.com/talks/graham_hill_weekday_vegetarian.html

Please support your local organic farmers... or become a 'weekday veg.'

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment